At Hired By Startups, we’re working with a rapidly scaling techstartup, hiring a Business Development Manager to join their growing sales team.
Founded in 2018, this multi-award winning startup is building the future of retail, they’re scaling fast and will soon be expanding internationally.
With an outstanding senior leadership team and a consistently growing list of big name clients and strategic partners, this startup is set to be the next big thing in retail-tech for 2022.
About the role
As Business Development Manager, you will:
- Use your market knowledge and conduct research to identify target prospects.
- Conduct targeted outreach through social, phone and email depending on what you find effective.
- Build and nurture your own pool of prospects through consistent engagement.
- Quickly build your market knowledge to become a domain expert.
- Manage end to end sales process, generally lasting 6-8 weeks.
- Close deals and manage the handover process to the Account Management team.
- Work to sales targets and report on progress to Head of Sales.
As Business Development Manager, you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a B2B sales role with a track record for exceeding targets.
- Experience selling to online brands would be beneficial, particularly D2C brands.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- To be comfortable with cold outreach, whether thats on social, email or occasionally by phone.
- To be excited by the idea of joining a rapidly scaling startup as part of a small sales team.
As Business Development Manager, you can expect:
- £30k-£40k base salary, depending on experience.
- Uncapped commission (£60k OTE)
- Career progression, working closely with a highly experienced Head of Sales
- Hybrid working – 2 days per week in London office.
- Opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting startups at an early stage.
If you’re looking for a new role as a Business Development Manager and like the idea of joining a startup building the future of retail, this could be for you, apply now!