At Hired By Startups, we’re working with a well funded, rapidly scaling startup hiring a People Manager to join their team.
As the first HR hire for this post-Series A startup, you’ll be working closely with the senior leadership team to build a solid, scalable People function. If this sounds like a role for you, keep reading…
About the role
As People Manager, you will:
- Review & improve hiring processes, ensuring these are consistent across the business.
- Work closely with external agencies and hiring managers on individual hiring processes.
- Help build a strong employer brand.
- Review & improve onboarding processes for new starters.
- Work with senior leadership to develop a performance culture, implementing goals & KPI’s.
- Work with senior leadership to develop career pathways and succession plans.
- Ensure employee compensation and rewards are market leading.
- Help to build a culture of learning and continuous professional development.
- Work with senior leadership to help build a great company culture.
- Ensuring HR documents, handbooks and HR systems are kept updated.
As People Manager, you’ll have:
- Experience building an HR function in a rapidly scaling startup environment.
- The ability work autonomously with a senior leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO.
- A relevant HR qualification is preferred.
- The ability to translate wider business goals into people focused objectives.
- Good communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust with colleagues at all levels.
- A real understanding of what a great company culture looks like.
- The ability to support hiring managers as they handle a variety of hiring processes.
- Any experience with the gig economy would be beneficial.
As People Manager, you can expect:
- £45k-£55k base salary
- Real opportunity to build something
- Work alongside an experienced leadership team
- Currently 100% remote, likely to be office/remote split in future.
- Other benefits you may decide to implement as part of your role!
If you’re a People Manager and like the idea of building an HR function in a high growth startup, this could be for you. Apply now!